Ellen Lupton visited AIGA Richmond yesterday to host a Design Sensory Workshop, book signing and gave a talk on Design Is Storytelling. The AIGA Medalist, director of the MICA MFA program, contemporary design curator at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum and prolific design author hosted the events yesterday at the CarMax Tech Center downtown. The workshop centered around being able to give specific smells a visual identity, it was a unique experience trying to describe cinnamon or a smoky scent in a visual manner. She also signed copies of her new book Design Is Storytelling before giving an entertaining talk on the subject. We were able to cap off the evening with a fine dinner at The Hardshell.
- J Drake Graphic Design In The News!
- Hermes Creative Awards Winner
- Johannah Willsey – Mural Workshop
- Jerry Hoak – Creativity Through Adversity
- Creative Workshop with Emily Herr
- Indigo Awards Winner
- Ashleigh Axios – Design Exponent
- Apple Logo Creator Rob Janoff
- 3 Essential Branding Lessons From A Rare Steve Jobs Interview
- Ellen Lupton visits AIGA Richmond